Monday, August 24, 2009

Growing

My boys are growing. Literally. And I don't mean just growing up as in Riley starting Kindergarten and Jonah going into the first grade. I mean physically they are growing. And I am seeing signs of it everywhere. Personally, I am just not that happy about it either.

The other morning, Riley was reaching up to a shelf in the bathroom for the toothpaste. I was about to say the words, "Wait a minute and I'll help you" when I realized that Riley was reaching the toothpaste without standing on his toes and leaning. He could reach it by himself.

While shopping for some new school clothes, we bought Jonah a shirt and shorts outfit in a bigger size. I was sure that it would be too big and he would wear it next summer. I was wrong. He wore it last week to school and it fit just fine.

Last weekend while we were at Splash Country Jonah was able to go on two rides that he's not been able to ride before because he wasn't tall enough. And on the tube ride he was tall enough to ride by himself. He even carried his own tube while in line. While Jason and Jonah stopped for a snack, Riley and I went down the Lazy River. He splashed and swam around me. Then he decided to get in a tube and float a little while. He pulled himself in the tube all on his own and laid across it. Then we floated along the river.

Wow.....how did they grow so fast??? And when???

I can only imagine how much they are going to grow this next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment